900g organic carrots (chopped small)
400g onions (chopped)
3 cloves garlic (crushed)
2 tsp ground coriander
25g plain flour
1 litre stock (chicken has great flavour but vegetable is fine too)
125ml double cream
- Sweat the carrot, onion and garlic in the butter until soft (about 20mins), adding the coriander halfway.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in the flour until well combined with the butter and juices.
- Gently work in the stock, so that you are not left with lumps of flour and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend until smooth, stir in the cream and bring back to simmer if required.
- Serve garnished with fresh coriander leaves if you have any.
Even my husband who claims to hate carrots loves this soup!